Light weight and inexpensive, not the usual combination we see in the horse world! 😛
I will post more pictures soon, but I was proud of how these turned out. I walked into Home Depot, all by myself, with no specific plans. Grabbed a bunch of random stuff and voila! Jumps!
Recipe for the Jumps:
- 4- 10 foot long 1.5 inch PVC pipes
- 2- 10 foot long 3 inch PVC pipes
- 4- U Bolts (in the hardware aisle, for non-building people)
- 256 in/21.3 ft of wood (2x4s, left over wood around the ranch, etc.)
- 2 – Cans Rustoleom paint (make sure the get the 3x one that adheres to plastic)
- Painters Tape
- 1- fake grandpa (optional)
- 1- husband with tools (optional)
So the larger PVC pipes, 3 inches in diameter, make the standards. Just cut those in half, and you have 4 five-foot tall posts.
Take the extra wood you have lying around (or two by fours, etc) and cut 16 sixteen inch sections. This…
View original post 314 more words